HOME BACKUP ERROR CODES
Overcrank, Code 1100
If your home standby is displaying this error code, resetting the controller and restarting your unit may do the trick. If your unit does not start after two automatic attempts, there is an issue. Make sure the gas to your generator is turned on. If the handle is lined up with the pipe, your gas is on. If your handle is lined across the pipe, this indicates that the gas is turned off. If the gas is on and your unit is still not working or is running rough, contact an authorized service dealer
Overspeed, Code 1200/1205
This code usually displays when the controller detects high RPM. This can be caused by defective ignition coils, and for this, you need to contact an authorized service dealer.
Low Oil Pressure, Code 1300
When your home standby is displaying this error, the first thing to check is your oil level. If oil is needed, add oil per recommendations in your owner’s manual. Be careful not to overfill the engine. If the oil level is good and your unit is still not working, a service call is needed.
How do I shut down my generator when it’s powering my house?
IMPORTANT – To avoid equipment damage, follow these steps, in order, during utility outages. Shutdowns may be required during utility outages to perform routine maintenance or to conserve fuel.
To turn the generator OFF:
1. Set the main utility disconnect to OFF (OPEN)
2. Set the generator MLCB (generator disconnect) to OFF (OPEN).
3. Allow the generator to run for a cool-down period of approximately one minute.
4. At the controller, set the generator to OFF.
5. Remove the 7.5A fuse from the controller.
To turn the generator back ON:
1. Install 7.5A fuse in controller.
2. Confirm the generator MLCB (generator disconnect) is OFF (OPEN).
3. At the controller, set the generator to AUTO mode.
4. Generator will start and run. Allow the generator to run and warm-up for a few minutes.
5. Set the MLCB (generator disconnect) to ON (CLOSED).
6. Set the main utility disconnect to ON (CLOSED).
RPM Sense Loss, Code 1501/1505/1511/1515
If the unit was running and shuts down, attempting to restart, clear the alarm by pressing the ENTER button twice, then press AUTO. Next, remove some of the loads. Try putting it back in AUTO and then restart. If it does not start after doing this, you will need to place a service call.
If the unit will not start in AUTO when there is utility loss, clear the alarm by pressing the ENTER button twice, then press AUTO. Then, using the control panel, check the battery. To do this, navigate to the BATTERY MENU option from the MAIN MENU. If it states ‘check battery’, try replacing the battery. If it states that your battery is ‘good’ when being checked, contact an authorized service dealer.
Underspeed, Code 1600
This code can be set off when your controller does not detect the correct RPM. If your unit is displaying this code, you will need to contact an authorized service dealer.
Undervoltage, Code 1900
A sudden drop in voltage can set off this error code. For this code, a service call is needed.
Overload, Code 2100
Your unit shows this code when your controller senses an overload condition. The first thing to do is remove the load. Load shedding should be installed to prevent this from happening in the future. If you remove the load and the problem persists, a service call is needed.
Check the VDC on the battery as well as the controller to make sure they are the same. If the voltage is less than 12.5 VDC, recharge the battery. If the voltage is over 12.5 VDC, check the charge circuit for operation.
What does a shining yellow LED light mean on the control panel of my generator?
This is a maintenance reminder light. Service reminders include inspect battery, change oil and filter, change air filter, inspect spark plugs, and change spark plugs.
• Change oil, oil filter & sparks plugs
. Check air filter
• Check battery charge & note age of battery Check fluid, cables & terminals, engine corrosion protectant
• Running checks: fuel pressure, hertz & volts
• Start Up check: noise, vibration, temperature
• Full cycle run: run, transfer & cool down
• Light exterior cleaning of unit
The system now operates in automatic mode.
After you go through these steps, the control panel may go through the programming. All of your settings should be held there so you’ll have to just hit enter through it (or you can make any adjustments that you need) and get the unit to the main screen (“Switched to off, hours of protection” or “system” is flashing.) Additionally, you will need to reconnect your WIFI if your router is not backed up by the gen.
How do I do a hard reset?
Hard Reset Procedure:
· Switch controller to OFF – press OFF button
· Remove service end of generator for access to battery compartment
· Disconnect negative (black ) battery terminal
· Disconnect T1 connector – see photo below
· Wait 15 seconds, reconnect T1 connector and then reconnect & tighten negative battery terminal
· Re-install generator side panel
Controller will need to be set up again – time / date, exercise settings. After this is complete it can be put back in AUTO mode so it is ready to run.