If you own a business, you probably spend a lot of time thinking about what goes on inside of your facility, but do you focus enough on your parking lot? If the answer to this question is a clear “No” for you, you’ll benefit from reading this guide.
Parking lots actually say a lot about the business they belong to. The safer a parking lot feels, the more professional and caring a company seems. One great way to improve your parking lot is to switch to LED lightbulbs. The advantages of using these kinds of bulbs are outlined below.
- They are brighter than incandescent bulbs – If you’ve switched any light bulbs in your home to LEDs, you probably already know this, but LED bulbs are significantly brighter than traditional incandescent styles. They will better illuminate your parking lot at night, making customers and employees feel more secure when they leave after dark.
- You will save thousands in maintenance – Incandescent light bulbs may seem inexpensive, but they actually cost most business owners thousands of dollars per year in maintenance costs (labor, new bulbs, etc.) because of how often they have to be replaced. LED bulbs are generally rated to last for at least a decade.
- Your utility bills will be reduced – LED bulbs are incredibly energy efficient. In fact, many business owners report that their energy usage decreases by well over 50% when they switch to LED parking lot lights. This is great for both the environment and your bottom line.
- You may be eligible for tax credits – If you meet certain eligibility requirements, switching your business’s parking lot lights to LEDs might save you a lot of money come tax time. There are several federal and state credits you may be able to claim if you change your lights.
- You can’t beat the ROI – It is estimated that the return on investment for making the switch to parking lot LEDs is two years. That means your savings will trump the amount you originally spent on your lights in just twenty-four months.
If you’ve decided that LED parking lot lights are the right choice for your commercial property, make sure you hire Morrill Electric to perform the installation. Not only will this save you the hassle of trying to do it yourself, but you will be able to trust that the job was done correctly the first time. Get a free estimate on your project with 48 hours!