If you’re buying a generator out of necessity, finding a bargain is not always an achievement. You may think the cheapest generator is your good fortune, but as it is, many problems can occur as a result. There is no substitute for quality, and it is no surprise that manufacturers of cheap goods also use cheap materials in production.
Apart from failure in performance, a lot of other catastrophes can result from a cheap generator. Let’s take a look at some of them below:
Reasons Why the Cheapest Generator is a bad idea
- When you invest in a high-quality, good brand generator, you can expect it to serve you well for two or three decades at least. A premium quality portable generator claims to offer 3000 hours of use and, in most cases, even more.
This is not the case for cheap generators. They have a much shorter lifespan, and after only a few years of use at the most, you will start encountering engine problems, unit failure, and even more.
- Like we mentioned, cheap quality goods come from cheap materials. Hence, a cheap generator will have inferior quality parts and will have higher running costs in the future. In comparison, a good quality generator is only a heavy investment initially but then run problem-free for a long time.
You can also not expect advanced designs from cheap generators. A cheap generator will have a much lower compression ratio, too, thereby producing poor efficiency.
- You surely must be aware of how everyone stresses on warranty when investing in products. Likely, the cheapest generator will not have any warranty or only one year at the maximum. So what happens when you face generator troubles after that? You pay with your pocket!
In comparison, high-quality generators come with two years and often even three year’s warranty period.
- Let’s talk about emission levels now. Do you realize the impact of this on you and your family’s health, right? Cheap generators produce more noise and emit higher emission levels. This is not the case for good quality ones because they use high-quality materials and components and generally have a low decibel level. This makes expensive products less noisy and more convenient for use.
The low compression ratios and useless carburetors increase emissions too, which can be deadly.
- Cheap generators are never reliable. The primary reason why people buy them in the first place is to have a backup they can bank on in times of need. But what happens when you’re in a crisis but the generator fails you? It could be a disaster.
Contact Morrill Electric for Generator Installation
Generators are no longer a luxury, they’re a necessity and the primary source we turn to in times of outage or crises. This is why you must contact Morrill Electric to help you make a worthy generator investment. Contact us today by giving us a call at (978) 388-1522 or by filling out a contact form.